With no specific reasons, Insights Publisher, in general, does not accept any type of advertisements. If any appeared on Insights Publisher-hosted journal website, academic-orientated advertising contents will be the most majority.
All potential advertising campaign have to abide by the policies below:
- All advertisements and commercially sponsored publications are independent from editorial decisions. Insights Publisher does not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in any journals by Insights Publisher. Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests, or by any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors.
- Insights Publisher reserves the right to decline any type of advertising that is damaging to the brand of Insights Publisher or is inappropriate to the content held on the Insights Publisher-hosted network.
- Insights Publisher will not accept advertising for products or services known to be harmful to health (e.g. tobacco and alcohol products) or to education (e.g. weapons and political propagation).
- Advertisements may not be deceptive or misleading, and must be verifiable. Advertisements should clearly identify the advertiser and the product or service being offered. Exaggerated or extravagantly worded copy will not be allowed. Advertisements will not be accepted if they appear to be indecent or offensive in either text or artwork, or if they relate to content of a personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious nature.
- Once an advertisement has been deployed online, it will be withdrawn from the journal site at any time if the Editor(s) or Insights Publisher request its removal.
- Insights Publisher will not allow any treatment-specific or drug-specific campaign to be targeted to a specific article(s) or on any page where content relates to the product(s) being advertised. (Advertisers may not link to articles using keywords; they may not target advertising for a specific product on the condition that it appear in the same location and at the same time as a specific article mentioning that product and they may not refer to an article published at the same time as the advertisement appears).
- All advertisements for drug-specific campaigns must comply with the relevant US legislation that regulates advertising. Information about the latest legislation, as well as good practice guidelines, can be found on the Britannica website. Advertisers should make available to Insights Publisher the marketing authorization and summary of product characteristics when contacting for their advertisement. In the case of drug advertisements, the full generic name of each active ingredient should appear. Each page of an advertisement for a prescription-only medicine should be clearly labeled as intended for health professionals.
- All advertisements for drug specific campaigns should encourage correct and rational use and must not be misleading.
- Advertisements and editorial content must be clearly distinguishable. Insights Publisher will not publish “advertorial” content, and sponsored supplements must be clearly indicated as such. If a supplement did not undergo peer review or underwent a peer review-process different from the rest of the journal that should be explicitly stated.
- Editorial decisions will not be influenced by current or potential sponsors and advertisers, and will not be influenced by marketing decisions. Advertisers and sponsors have no control or influence over the results of searches a user may conduct on the website by keyword or search topic.
- If any advert is requested outside of Insights Publisher standard advertising positions then a request should be made to editorial who will respond with a full and final decision within TWO business days.
- Information about complaints concerning advertisements will be included in the Advertisements page.
- Insights Publisher does not partner with third-party advertising companies to serve ads and/or collect certain information.
Advertising Complaints Policy
Please send any complaints about advertising to: [email protected] or contact each journal by clicking on the journal’s “Contact Us”.
Policy updated as of January 6th, 2022