Science INSIGHTS® strictly conforms to established industry guidelines and best practices promoted by professional scholarly publishing organizations below:
Based on the BASE’s goal of “let science reach the far corner by education,” Science INSIGHTS® publishes all categories of papers if only they are related to science or education. We encourage authors and readers to take advantage of these merits of the Journal and establish their own idea or theoretical system. Let Science INSIGHTS® endorse your thoughts and become the stronghold of your future. Please refer to the special requirements for each type of paper below:
- News: We accept news from all over the world that occurred in the past 2-3 weeks before publication. News will be checked for authenticity and will be published immediately without further peer review and publication charges. The words are limited for News to 100-200 each with no more than three authors (reporters). No references are allowed. Photos or pictures are welcomed and encouraged.
- Editorial: This belongs to the editors with specific comments or thoughts when they reviewed the manuscript, and it will be published accompanying the original paper. No peer review is required. The word limitation for Editorial is at least 500, with no more than five authors. It should include a plain summary of 50-100 words—no limitation on the number of references, figures, and tables.
- Essay: Essay is an important part of the literature. If you have some special thoughts and considerations on science and education, you can write them down. This is a different format that differs from the Opinion below; Essay generally belongs to the author’s personal perspective on general science and education, but not for a specific professional question. Tell us your point of view with this kind of Essay, and we will present your point to the world. We required the Essay to be written with at least 300 words, including a plain summary with 50-100 words—no limitation on the number of references, figures, and tables.
- Poem: Science INSIGHTS® is for the regular publications of science and education and our surroundings' aesthetics and rhythm. If you are interested in this form of literary art, write it, and publish it. Let science and education show more enjoyable elements—no limitation on the count of words for a Poem with a maximum of 3 authors. No peer review is needed for a Poem.
- Journal Club: Journal Club means a group of individuals who meet regularly to evaluate recent articles in the scientific literature critically. In general, Journal Club is written by students, including undergraduates and postgraduates and postdoctoral fellows. Science INSIGHTS® welcomes Journal Club that criticizes any kinds of papers published in any internationally-circulated English-edited journals in the past three months before it is to be published. Do not forget to cite the article you criticized in your Journal Club submission. The in-house review will be given, but the send-out peer review is not required. A maximum of 10 authors can be listed. A plain summary of 50-100 words is required. The word limitation on the text is at least 500—no limitation on the number of references, figures, and tables.
- Letters: A huge number of papers are published every day. If you have some different ideas or personal points on one paper, you can write us a letter and clearly describe your thoughts. We will take into consideration it for publication without the peer-review process. No matter the paper comes from which journal, you can letter us only if it was published in the past three months before it is to be accepted for publication. The Letters will be forwarded to the original authors for responses. Please remember citing the original paper in your Letters. A total of 7 authors are the maximum for the Letters. The word limitation on the text is at least 200—no limitation on the number of references, figures, and tables. No publication fee is required.
- Comments: Comments on others’ publication means you have different or similar thoughts on the same topic. You need to give an in-depth analysis with robust evidence upon your points. An in-house assessment will be given. Please cite the paper you are commenting on. You can write a comment on any papers published in any internationally-circulated English-edited journals in the past three months. A plain summary of 50-100 words is required. The text should be at least 1,000 words with a minimum of 10 references. Figures and tables are welcomed.
- Perspectives: This is a specific type of paper written with a foreseeing style. It gives readers an overall impression with an impressive in-depth presentation. It generally inspires new ideas or even novel thoughts. Sometimes it raises new questions with the potential to change the world. Even if you think it is strange for others, but it may be just the thing, the very thing we wanted. Merely the in-house review will be given for this type of paper. A plain summary of 100-200 words is required. No limitation on the count of words in the text and the number of references, figures, and tables.
- Opinion: This is not the same as the Perspectives. An opinion means you speak out your thoughts based on currently available evidence. But sometimes, you do not need to provide solid evidence but show you opinion on everything – science, education, society, politics, economy, and future, etc. if you have some special opinions, please write us an Opinion with at least 300 words accompanied with around 50-100 words plain summary. Our in-house editors will review it—no limitation on the references, figures, and tables.
- Picture Station: Science INSIGHTS® publishes pictures considered as the important snapshots of science or education. If you are a drawing-lover, you can draw pencil sketches and cartoons for the Journal to reflect science or education contents. A descriptive caption and a detailed legend with a minimum of 100 words are required. Author information should be provided in detail with a short-paragraph introduction.
- Feature of Life: We every day have different life experiences and also have different stories. If you think yours are associated with science or education, you can tell us, and we will tell them to the world. Feature of Life is a special column for Science INSIGHTS®, from which we highlight our everyday life with marks of science and education. If you are a story-lover, you can write to us yours, and even others you think it is interesting enough for the world. A total of 3,000 words can use, and 5 authors can be listed. Photos and pictures are welcomed.
- Abstract or Meeting Abstracts: To reach the goal of spreading science to the far corner of the world, we encourage authors to report their findings by presenting them in a short format - abstract. Meanwhile, Science INSIGHTS® accepts meeting abstracts submission. A total of 400 words are allowed for each abstract, and a maximum of 5 graphics and tables, and 10 references can be accompanied. No limitation there on the author's number. All submitted abstracts should be structured as Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- Scientist On-Spot: Science INSIGHTS® reports and introduces scientists to the world. Please tell us the stories of scientists you think are worth being known by the world. This is also a means for better understanding and communication among scientists. Please provide a picture of the scientist you introduced—no limitation there on the word count.
- Educator On-Spot: As the goal of the BASE: let science reach the far corner by education. We also tell the world your stories if you are an educator. Please write us no matter whether you are working for kids, youths, college students, or adult students. Please provide a picture of the educator you introduced—no limitation there on the word count.
- Hypothesis: If you have a new idea, but you cannot test it due to the limitations of time, efforts, and finances, so you can write us a Hypothesis. Tell us the background, why you think it is essential, the hypothesis, how to test it, and what methods you think are needed when testing it. One hypothesis should be focused on just one topic. A paragraph summary with 100-200 words is required. The Hypothesis will be reviewed by the in-house editors only. No limitation on the count of words in the text and the number of references, figures, and tables.
- Review: In these so-called information times, we face billions of information every second. We need to try our best to figure out the useful but rule out the useless. Yes, Review can help us save time in this process. If you are expertise in your field or are familiar with what you are doing, you can collect corresponding information and write us a review. A review paper can be mini, comprehensive, and systematic. Meta-analysis is also included in this type of paper. The three-stage review will work on this type of paper. A paragraph summary with 150-350 words is required. No limitation on the count of words in the text and the number of references, figures, and tables.
- Mini-Reports: This is the novel type of our publication introduced to provide rapid and efficient communication among researchers or educators. You don't need to write too many words for this kind of manuscript. The text words' minimal requirement is 300, usually composed of three paragraphs - one for introduction, one for methods and results, and one for discussion. Two figures and two tables are permitted for mini-reports—no limitation on the references. Oops, do not forget the summary with at least 100 words.
- Reports: You can report your findings without subtitles; describe it with one kind of formation from the beginning to the end. This is a good thing for some people, but not yet for others. If you are good at writing descriptive papers, you can use this formation as your data presenter. Our three-stage review system will assess it. A paragraph summary with 100-200 words is required. No limitation on the count of words in the text and the number of references, figures, and tables.
- Short Communication: If you do not have too much data, you can write us Short Communication. The paper is divided into five major parts: introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, and references. Our three-stage review system will assess this type of paper. The abstract should be structured into objectives, methods, results, and conclusions. The word limit for the abstract is no more than 250. A total of 5,000 words for the text is the maximum (not including the references). The total number of figures and tables for Short Communication is 10. No limitation on the number of references.
- Article: Unlike the Short Communication, the Article is defined with over 5,000 words for the text (not including the references). The article's body comprises five parts: introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, and references. The three-stage review system will assess the article. The abstract should be structured into background, objective, methods, results, and conclusions. The word limit for the abstract is 200-350—no limitation on the number of references, figures, and tables.
- Book Review: We publish a Book Review for authors or publishers to spread the book's contents. A minimum of 100 words is needed for the overall introduction of the book. Authors’ information, publisher, publication year, and prices if have.
- Cover – SI: In general, Science INSIGHTS® chooses her cover for each issue from the would-be publications, but we also accept submissions for the Cover-SI. If you are interested in, please submit us the cover arts with some 50 words legend. Your name, affiliation, and email will be shown accompanying the Cover-SI. No publication fee is required.
- Erratum: We try the best to reduce errors when publishing papers, but it is still unavoidable. So the Erratum is set for a correction. If your publications in Science INSIGHTS® were found any errors, please contact the editorial office by email. It is our responsibility to publish your work in the most precise manner. No publication fee is required.