Database management systems (DBMS) are essential systems of software technologies for multi-level and multi-angled operations with the utmost security. Currently, its form of distributed database, i.e. DDB, is very popular in communication networks. The current write-up is aimed at investigating important security aspects and issues, exploring some major challenges pertinent to the security of DDB, finding solutions to the same, and eventually talking about some future opportunities through promoting research towards curbing these security-related points. To accomplish these tasks, the author has reviewed some of the latest and most pertinent research articles of the last ten years. It comprises the application of DDBMS, major pertinent issues within its range of investigation, and a conclusion.
DDBMS, Security, Encryption, Authentication, Authorization, Multi-Level Access Control
2. Rohilla S, Mittal PK. Data security: Threats and challenges. Int J Adv Res Comput Sci Softw Engin 2013; 3(5). Available at: https://www.api.semanticscholar.org/CorpusID:112248228
3. Radhakrishnan S, Akila A. Security issues in distributed database system. Int J Adv Res Comput Sci Softw Engin 2017; 4(7):301-304. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325737373_Security_Issues_in_Distributed_Database_System
4. Kumar CS, Seetha J, Vinotha SR. Security implications of distributed database management system models. Int J Adv Res Comput Sci Softw Engin 2012; 2(11):20-28. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7321/jscse.v2.n11.3
5. Ali A. Afzal M M. Database security: Threats and solutions. Int J Engin Invent 2017; 6(2):25-27.
6. Singh S. Kumar RR. A review report on security threats on database. Int J Comput Sci Inform Technol 2014; 2014:3215-3219. Available at: https://api.semanticscholar.org/CorpusID:15569165
7. Jain S, Chawla D. A relative study on database security threats and their security techniques. Int J Innov Sci Res Technol 2020; 5(1):794-799. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.11657.60000
8. Malik M, Patel T. Database security- attacks and control methods. Int J Infor Sci Techn 2016; 6(1-2):175-183. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5121/ijist.2016.6218
9. Sah MK, Kumar V, Tiwari A. Security and concurrency control in distributed database system. Int J Sci Res Manag 2014; 2(12):1839-1845. Available at: https://api.semanticscholar.org/CorpusID:212577605
10. Soni D N. Data security: Threats and security techniques. Int J Adv Res Comp Sci Softw Engin 2015; 5(5):621-624. Available at: https://api.semanticscholar.org/Corpus ID:112523027
11. Guide: Access Control. Web page as it appeared on 10/08/2023 (the last time our crawler visited it) Available at: https://satoricyber.com/access-control/access-control-101-a-comprehensive-guide-to-database-access-control/
12. Singh P. Kaur K. “Database security using encryption,” 2015 International Conference on Futuristic Trends on Computational Analysis and Knowledge Management (ABLAZE), Greater Noida, India, 2015, pp. 353-358, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ABLAZE.2015.7155019
13. Gahlot S, Verma B, Anurag Khandelwal, Dayanand, 2017, Database Security: Attacks, Threats and Control Methods. Int J Engin Res Technol 2017; 5(10).
14. Teimoor A R. Database security concepts, threats and challenges. June 2018; DOI: https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.34426.75203
15. Hiremath DS, Kishor SB. Distributed Database Problem areas and Approaches. J Comp Engin: National Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Science and Information Technology 2016; 2016:2278-8727.
16. Ezechiel KK, Shrikant, Agrawal R. A systematic review on distributed databases system and their techniques. J Theor Appl Infor Technol 2019; 96(1).
17. Boicea A, Radulescu F, Truica CO, Urse L. Improving Query Performance in Distributed Database. J Contr Engin Appl Infor 2016; Vol 18(2):57-64.
18. Rana S, Sohel MK, Arman S, Distributed Database Problems, Approaches and Solutions - A Study. Int J Mach Learn Comput 2018; 8(5). DOI: https://doi.org/10.18178/ijmlc.2018.8.5.731
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.