Consistently consuming purified water may be harmful. Drinking filtered water has been shown to provide short-term system cleaning advantages in studies. Mineral deficiencies and acidity in the body develop more quickly in those who drink clean water for an extended period of time. Avoid consuming water that has been purified except under certain circumstances. Longevity is linked to the usage of hard water (high in minerals) on a regular basis. Using filtered water for a long period of time has a greater impact on health.
Purified Water, Distilled Water, Mineral Water, Health
2. Gröber U, Schmidt J, Kisters K. Magnesium in prevention and therapy. Nutrients 2015; 7(9):8199-226. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu7095388
3. Sengupta P. Potential health impacts of hard water. Int J Prev Med 2013; 4(8):866-875.
4. Iqbal S, Klammer N, Ekmekcioglu C. The effect of electrolytes on blood pressure: A brief summary of meta-analyses. Nutrients 2019; 11(6):1362. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11061362
5. Chen L, Liu R, Zhao Y, Shi Z. High consumption of soft drinks is associated with an increased risk of fracture: A 7-year follow-up study. Nutrients 2020; 12(2):530. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12020530
6. Hardcastle SA, Dieppe P, Gregson CL, Davey Smith G, Tobias JH. Osteoarthritis and bone mineral density: Are strong bones bad for joints? Bonekey Rep 2015; 4:624. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/bonekey.2014.119
7. Liguori I, Russo G, Curcio F, Bulli G, Aran L, Della-Morte D, Gargiulo G, Testa G, Cacciatore F, Bonaduce D, Abete P. Oxidative stress, aging, and diseases. Clin Interv Aging 2018; 13:757-772. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2147/CIA.S158513
8. Reinhardt K, Fanzo J. Addressing chronic malnutrition through multi-sectoral, sustainable approaches: A review of the causes and consequences. Front Nutr 2014; 1:13. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3389/fnut.2014.00013
9. Singh S A, Dhanasekaran D, Ganamurali N, L P, Sabarathinam S. Junk food-induced obesity- A growing threat to youngsters during the pandemic. Obes Med 2021; 26:100364. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.obmed.2021.100364
10. Uribarri J, Woodruff S, Goodman S, Cai W, Chen X, Pyzik R, Yong A, Striker GE, Vlassara H. Advanced glycation end products in foods and a practical guide to their reduction in the diet. J Am Diet Assoc 2010; 110(6):911-16.e12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2010.03.018
11. Liu YZ, Wang YX, Jiang CL. Inflammation: The common pathway of stress-related diseases. Front Hum Neurosci 2017; 11:316. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00316
12. Rylander R, Arnaud MJ. Mineral water intake reduces blood pressure among subjects with low urinary magnesium and calcium levels. BMC Public Health 2004; 4:56. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-4-56
13. Erickson PS, Kalscheur KF. Nutrition and feeding of dairy cattle. Animal Agriculture 2020:157-180. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-817052-6.00009-4
14. National Research Council (US) Safe Drinking Water Committee. Drinking Water and Health Volume 3. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1980. V, The Contribution of Drinking Water to Mineral Nutrition in Humans. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK216589/
15. Schwalfenberg GK. The alkaline diet: Is there evidence that an alkaline pH diet benefits health? J Environ Public Health 2012; 2012:727630. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/727630
16. Kulthanan K, Nuchkull P, Varothai S. The pH of water from various sources: an overview for recommendation for patients with atopic dermatitis. Asia Pac Allergy 2013; 3(3):155-160. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5415/apallergy.2013.3.3.155
17. Lu J, Yuan F. The effect of drinking water quality on the health and longevity of people-A case study in Mayang, Hunan Province, China. 2017 IOP Conf Ser: Earth Environ Sci 2017; 82:012005. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1755-1315/82/1/012005/pdf
18. Hutton G, Chase C. Water Supply, Sanitation, and Hygiene. In: Mock CN, Nugent R, Kobusingye O, et al., editors. Injury Prevention and Environmental Health. 3rd edition. Washington (DC): The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / The World Bank; 2017 Oct
27. Chapter 9. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK525207/ DOI: https://doi.org/10.1596/978-1-4648-0522-6_ch9
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.