In this study, a total of 466 articles with the theme of “Digital Museum” published in China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI) from 2000 to 2019 were taken as the research objects. Through the use of CiteSpaceV software developed by Dr. Chaomei Chen and the use of a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis methods, the development trend of digital museum research, research focus, and the number of published articles were ana-lyzed. It has been found that the development of China’s digital museums has made great progress since the year of 2000, but there were still problems of cooperation among museums, museums and colleges, and the research con-tent focused more on practice rather than theory. In the future, it is neces-sary to strengthen the connections between different museums, and at the same time deepen the in-depth exploration of the theory of digital muse-ums, enhance their practical leading function, and contribute to the con-struction of digital museums.
Digital Museum, Research Review, Museum Construction
2. Chen Z, Zhang X. The spread and experience of the museum of computer network era. Comput CD Software Appl 2014; 17(14):136+138.
3. Chen CM. Cite Space II: Detecting and visualizing emerging trends and transient patterns in scientific literature. J Am Soc Inf Sci Tec 2006; 57(3):359-377.
4. Feng N. A summary of the concept and practice of museum digital construction-taking the Digital Forbidden City community as an example. Bull Palac Mus 2007; 43(1):108-123+162.
5. Li W. On the informationization of museums. Beijing Museum Society. Proceedings of the Third Academic Conference of Beijing Museum Society. Beijing Museum Society: Beijing Museum Society, 2000; pp408-pp417.
6. Li W. China digital museum in development. Int Mus (Chin Version) 2008; 13(Z1):61-69.
7. Liu Z, Chen Y, Hou H. Atlas of Scientific Knowledge: Methods and Applications. Beijing: People’s Publishing House, 2008; pp110-pp113.
8. Meng Z. Understanding and thinking of digital museum. Chin Mus 2000; 37(2):74-77.
9. Wang Z, Chen H, Tang W. Review and prospect of Chinese public sports service research since the early 21st century: Based on bibliometrics and graph analysis of scientific knowledge. J Capit Ins Phys Edu 2015; 27(2):109-115.
10. Xiang H, Meng X, Yang C. Design and implementation of the archaeological digital museum of Shandong University. J Syst Simul 2003, 32(3):319-321.
11. Yang X. Digital museum and related issues. Chin Origin 2006; 23(1):93-96.
12. Yue Z. Status and future of digital museums. Chin Cult Herit 2004; 17(3):77-78.
13. Zhu X, Zhou M, Geng G, Li K. Design and establishment of the Archaeological Digital Museum of Northwest University. J Northwest Univ (Nat Sci Ed) 2004; 108(5):522-526.
14. Zhu X. Discussion on the digital construction and service integration of information resources in Tubo files. Inform Docum Work 2011; 41(5):57-60.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.